DARK DECADENCE 6-PACK
THREE 2-PACKS (SIX JARS OF MOLTEN CAKE)
ORGANIC • DAIRY-FREE • GLUTEN-FREE • SOY FREE
Molten chocolate cake - baked in your home or on the trail. We hand-pipe batter into 4 ounce mason jars that are oven (and campfire!) safe. Each two-pack contains two jars of cake batter, ready to bake fresh upon landing at your doorstep. You just remove the lid, follow the baking instructions provided in the Field Guide, and you will be on your way to the best version of chocolate cake; warm, decadent, and gooey.
THE OG TAKE & BAKE
Our Dark Decadence is the cake we started with at farmers markets in 2008. With just four ingredients, it is nothing but pure dark chocolate cake batter, boasting nearly an entire chocolate bar in each jar.
We love to top our cakes with unsweetened lightly whipped cream and our Salted Caramel Sauce, dusted with a little sprinkle of chunky sea salt. But don’t stop there; the cakes are also delicious plain or with fresh berries, cookie crumbles or roasted nuts.
HOW TO GET YOUR HOT CAKE ON:
(When your cakes arrive, place them in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to bake)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the lid, place cake in the oven, directly on the rack or on a baking sheet.
- For baking 1-4 cakes: Bake for 12-17 minutes or until the top domes and a couple of cracks appear. If you are baking a frozen cake, allow a few extra minutes of baking time.
- For baking 4+ cakes: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top domes and a couple of cracks appear. If you are baking a frozen cake, allow a few extra minutes of baking time. Remember the more cakes you bake the longer the baking time.NOTE: The center of your cake should be very gooey. It is really easy to over-bake your cake, so be careful not to! Unlike most molten cakes, ours does not have ganache piped into the center. If you bake for too long, you will cook the cake through and your molten goodness will be gone! So take care to not over-bake!
- Remove the cake with tongs—careful, the jar is hot! Let it sit on the counter for a couple of minutes before serving.
BAKING IN A MASON JAR?
Yup, you can bake in a mason jar. We are proud to use such a smart package to sell our product. The jar is the retail packaging, the baking vessel, and the serving dish, all in one.
WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR MASON JAR ONCE YOU’VE EATEN THE CAKE?
Use it to can, store spices, bobby pins, homemade salve – the list goes on!
*Dark chocolate (cocoa beans, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla), *eggs, *evaporated cane sugar, sea salt
Dairy and gluten free. Contains Eggs.
The batter will keep in your refrigerator for two weeks or in the freezer for a year! Please note this cake batter must stay refrigerated or frozen. *Consuming raw or undercooked eggs can be hazardous to your health.
Orders with our Molten Chocolate Cakes must ship 2-day, because they are a frozen product. These orders ship out on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY, because of the perishable nature of the product, we want to avoid them sitting in a warehouse for an extended period of time. We ship them on ice packs from our kitchen in Seattle.
We offer FLAT RATE shipping by state, as follows:
Orders containing molten cakes:
WA, ID, MT, OR - $35
AZ, CA, NV, UT, WY - $40
AK, HI - $60
Everywhere else - $50
Orders not containing molten cakes:
WA, OR, ID, MT - $15
CA, NV, UT, WY, AZ - $20
HI, AK - $45
Everywhere else - $30